Instantaneous Biological Aerosol Detector and Collector with IBAC Technology
The Fido®B2 is a fully automated biological agent detector that alarms in less than 60 seconds when an airborne bio-threat is present. Its IBAC™ technology uses UV-Laser induced fluorescence to discriminate biological organisms from background particles, reliably detecting all four classes of bio-agents at concentrations below 100 ACPLA with low false alarm rates. The Fido B2 system can operate independently, as part of a network configuration to form the “first tier” of a building protection system, or via battery power module for mobile detection capability. Its four stages work together continually to monitor the environment for the presence of bio-threats, alarm upon detection, collect and preserve samples for confirmatory analysis, and transmit data to command and control centers. From long-term, fixed installations to short, mission-based tactical applications, the Fido B2 offers a flexible, field-ready solution for bio-aerosol monitoring.
- Building Protection
- Special Event Monitoring
- Mission-Based Incident Response
- Force Protection
- Mass Transit Security
- Mobile Labs
- Integrated CBRNE Systems
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Provides affordable, real-time warning capability for biological aerosol threats
- Most mature and widely deployed bio-trigger device on the market today
- Detects all four classes of bio-organisms: spores, vegetative, virus, and toxins
- Autonomous 24/7 operation with no consumables or regular maintenance
- Alarm automatically triggers sample collector for subsequent identification
- Alert algorithms validated for both indoor and outdoor environments
- Integrates with most facility monitoring and control systems
- Government validated with over 1,000 sensors deployed in relevant bio-monitoring applications
pTD - Portable Toxin Detector
The pTD is a self-contained identification platform for automated and specific detection of biological toxins associated with biological warfare agents (BWA).
- The whole identification procedure is realized in less than 25 minutes.
- Parallel detection of five toxins, which are relevant as BWA
- Ready-to-use kits for assay performance
- Plug and play operation using
- Ready for integration into sensor networks
- Extendable system to address new biological threat agent
MALDI BioTyper - Microorganism Identification and Classification
Analytical system for identifying biological (and warfare) agents and for validation of results previously obtained with other analytical equipment.
With robust and reliable Bruker Daltonics FLEX series instrumentation, fast measurements with high reproducibility are possible. The high sensitivity of the instruments allows identification of minimal sample amounts. When employing the renowned Bruker AnchorChipTM technology, scientists need even less biological material.
Single bacterial colonies or other biological material can be directly applied to a MALDI sample target and introduced to a FLEX series MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer. Spectra acquisition is completed after a few minutes and data evaluation is directly linked to the measurement. This simple and exclusive workflow is adequate for most microorganisms, avoiding the need to perform gramstaining, oxidase- or any other tests.
Fields of application:
- Clinical routine monitoring, environmental and taxonomical research,
food processing quality control
- Features identification, taxonomical classification, or dereplication of
Sample preparation / handling:
- Very simple and rapid preparation.
- Very sensitive, amounts of roughly 105 cells are required
- No initial assessment, each sample handled in the same way:
No gram staining, oxidase- or any other tests and conditions choice
- Bacteria (gram+ / gram-), yeasts, fungi, spores
- Fast measurements with high reproducibility on a microflexTM, autoflexTM or ultraflexTM MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer
Speed of analysis:
- Minutes from colony to result for a single sample, approx. 1.5 hours
from colony to result for 96 samples
- MALDI Biotyper, COMPASSTM for FLEX series incl. flexAnalysisTM
Benchtop or Portable ParaDNA for DNA screening from biological samples (reference bucal, blood, saliva, cellular/touch) - Producer: LGC Forensics, UK.
Destination: The instrument was designed for a rapid and simple screening in the lab or in the fild of DNA profile from different biological samples for establishing the identity of suspected persons The ParaDNA Screening Instrument generates DNA profile information in 75 minutes using either the ParaDNA Screening Test or ParaDNA Intelligence Test. Designed for use as a triage/screening tool in environments such as submissions units or crime laboratories, users can reduce the level of costly downstream STR or Rapid-DNA analysis, yet still generate DNA profile information sufficient for inclusion/exclusion purposes.
- A great tool to identify suspects during investigations
- Ensure the investigative team to gain results in the shortest time frame
- Enables the investigation team to carry out on-the-spot DNA screening prior to selecting samples for further analysis
- A more sophisticated, DNA profiling application is also available that can provide case intelligence to include or exclude suspects from the inquiry, thereby moving the investigation forward, faster
Traditional sampling and analysis of DNA evidence can take days to weeks to produce a result – and even then the result may not always be useful.
ParaDNA® takes just 75 minutes to analyze crime scene samples and provide advance knowledge to the forensic submissions team and investigating officers.
The ParaDNA® Screening System applies a triage approach for screening crime scene samples. Out of numerous samples collected at a crime scene, many will provide insufficient information to support the investigative process. But with the ParaDNA Screening System the investigation team will know straightaway that they have sufficient human DNA in the samples to warrant submitting them for further analysis.
- Following a simple, 4 steps procedure, the ParaDNA system will generate a rapid DNA profile and can identify persons of interest in 75 minutes
- Designed for non-expert operation
- Supports tactical intelligence decision making at the point of need (exclusion/inclusion decisions)
- Build a bespoke DNA watch list in theatre
- Search and compare samples (e.g. blood, saliva, touch)
- Import external databases (such as CODIS) and run comparisons/searches with DNA from captured material
Sample collection and processing:
Samples from a range of evidence types, including blood, saliva, and cellular material, are collected using the patented sample collector. This doesn’t require a particular skill and anyone on the investigative team will be able to process samples properly after minimal training. The samples are loaded directly into reaction plates and then closed for immediate analysis. Up to four samples can be analyzed independently without the need for further manual input.
The results are generated after 75 minutes and will show:
For the ParaDNA Screening System will tell to the team whether a crime stain contains human DNA, the sample will yield a positive result from further lab profiling and the DNA originates from a male or female.
For the ParaDNA Intelligence, a 5 STR DNA profile is generated consisting of regions detected in all commonly used multiplex kits. It can therefore be used for comparison against traditional STR profiles and for database searching. It also includes the Amelogenin gender determining test. The ParaDNA Intelligence System will tell to the team if any crime scene samples relating to the case match any suspect reference or victim elimination samples and whether the DNA originates from a male or female.
- Description: ParaDNA for DNA screening; available in two versions:
- ParaDNA Screening, benchtop system;
- ParaDNA Field Portable system
- Samples: Biological samples: blood, saliva, and cellular material/touch
- PC with ParaDNA software for benchtop system
- Integrated touch-screen computer for portable system
- Analysis time: 75 de minutes
- Power supply: Usual power supply for benchtop system, battery or power supply for portable system
- Autonomy: Unlimited time from power supply and up to 20 samples from the battery power supply for the portable system
- Work capacity: Up to 4 samples simultaneously
- Test ParaDNA screening: Determine the presence or absence of DNA using a relative quantitative assessment (% score), and an indication of the gender of the contributor when DNA is present in the sample
- Test ParaDNA intelligence:
- 5 STR DNA Profile
- Amelogenin gender call
- Profile comparison and matching
- Indication of mixtures
- Weight: 6 Kg for benchtop system, 17 Kg for portable system
Consumables and maintenance:
- Minimum maintenance; simple operations which can be performed by the user within few minutes
- Consumables are: ParaDNA Screening test or ParaDNA Intelligence test, Sample collector and Screening test Positive control