De-tector - Drugs & Explosive Detector
BRUKER is proud to announce a contract award of one hundred explosives trace detection systems leading to Bruker product appearing in many airports in Germany. Please see the attached document !
The new Bruker DE-tector is the latest innovation in trace drugs and explosives detection. It is the first table top device with a combined non-radioactive ionisation source and a unique third generation twin tube IMS design.
DE-tector has been designed and built to meet the needs of the market, combat current and emerging threats; whilst maintaining the high quality and reliability
expected of Bruker products at a competitive price.
The innovative twin tube system enables dual drugs and explosive detection and does not split the sample meaning no dilution and greater sensitivity. DE-tector has been designed with the operator in mind and is simple to use and maintain with low through life costs.
Unambiguous displays and controls mean that DE-tector can be used after minimal training. Displays can be limited to traffic light indicators or opened up to a full scientific view.
- Non-radioactive IMS source
- Simultaneous detection of trace Drugs and Explosives
- Minimised false alarm rate
- Low cost of ownership
- Flexible multi-level software concept
- Prisons and Remand Centres
- Critical Infastructure Protection
- Security Checkpoints
The system control and operator display is facilitated by an integrated touch screen notebook computer. Screen options range from operating with a standard traffic light display (Ready/ In Use/ Substance Detected), through to an IMS spectra series data display.
The screen of the notebook computer can be rotated through 180° away from the test subject or laid flat on the top of the instrument. In this way, it is possible to ensure that the results are only visible to the authorised operator.
- Type of instrument:Trace Explosives / Trace Drugs IMS
- Technology Type of instrument:
- Ion Mobility Spectrometry
- Open IMS
- Ionisation source:
- nonRAD source
- Detection performance:
- Military Explosives
- Home Made Explosives
- Standard Narcotics
- Weight: < 19 kg
- Size: 520 x 435 x 400 mm
- Temperature range: 5 - 40 °C
- Humidity: 5 - 95% rel. H.
- Power requirements:
- 100-240 V AC
- 47 – 63 Hz
- max. 400 W
- UPS version available
- Analysis time: < 10 sec
- Warm-up time: < 30 min
- Sampling method: Swab
- Data system:
- 12.1’’ Colour touch screen laptop
- Built-in thermal printer
- LAN, WLAN, USB
Ultra-Lightweight Explosives Trace Detector
Destination: The instrument was designed for rapid, sensitive and accurate detection of all types of explosives traces
- Security control in military checkpoints
- Security control in special events and during VIP close protection
- Security access in embassies
- Rapid intervention of special troops
- Personnel and suspect persons verification
- For security check of protected locations
Fido X2 is an ultra-lightweight, handheld explosives trace detector (ETD). It provides an unprecedented combination of sensitivity, speed, and ease of use.
Its award-winning TrueTrace™ technology detects threats with higher sensitivity and faster clear-down than similar products. Fido X2 performs fast ten-second analysis and provides cost-effective operation with reusable sampling swipes.
On-device video training provides real-time help and reduces the cost and logistical burden of recurrent training.
With thousands of units fielded in over 40 countries, Fido X-series products are the most trusted handheld ETDs for critical security applications.
The device is providing real-time measurements, with detection and auto-cleaning within few seconds, being immediately ready for a new detection.
Fido X2 detects multiple types of homemade, commercial, and military explosives with a single sample
- Ease and intuitive to use. Short learning time (about two hours).
- On-device video training provides real-time help on its display
- Patented TrueTrace technology helps maximize system operational availability
- Operates in user mode, where all the operation functions are available
- Simple guided operation with go/not go alarms
- Visible, audible, and haptic (vibration) alerts
- Fast 3 minutes start-up, analysis in less than 10 seconds, rapid clear-down within few seconds. In case of massive contamination, the clear-down time doesn’t exceed 5 minutes
- The detector operates for more than 4 hours with fully charged battery; the replacing of the battery takes less than one minute, Battery charging can be performed also during operation.
- Easy to use due to ultra lightweight; shock and vibration resistant
Sample collection: The sample collection for detection is performed through wiping the surfaces with re-usable sampling swipes and desorption into the device’s desorber
- Description: Explosives Trace Detector
- Detection technology: FLIR TrueTrace™; multi-channel fluorescence technology; no radioactive source
- Sample introduction: Sampling swipes and desorption into the device’s desorber
- Start-up time: Less than 3 minutes for cold device
- Display: 32K display color, Vivid
- Alerts: Visible, audible, and haptic (vibration) alerts
- Localization: Language translation available worldwide; On-device video training provides real-time help on its display
- Analysis time: Less than 10 sonds
- User levels: Operator
- Battery specs: Li-ion rechargeable (min. 4 hours of operation), wall adapter supplied; runs device and charges battery simultaneously
- Data storage: 10.000 files. FIFO – first in – first out automatic overwrite
- Communication: USB 2.0 (mini USB)
- Weight: 680g including battery
- Dimensions: 32.2 x 10.0 x 7.2 cm
- Operating temperature: 0-45°C
- Operating Humidity: 5 – 95% non-condensing
Consumables and maintenance:
- Minimum maintenance, simple cleaning. May require a change of an o-ring and adjusting the inlet valve, simple operations which can be performed by the user within few minutes
- Does not require any calibration
- Consumables: Sensing element, which ensure 6 – 8 hours of continue functioning, and sampling swipes
Applicable Standards and Certifications:
- ASTM E2520-07
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EC
- EN 61326-1:2006 – Table 2
- EN 61000-4-2, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 4-11,:1995
- EN 55011:2009
- FCC Classes A&B
- EN 61010-1:2001
Complete system (standard) includes:
- Handheld detector Fido X2
- Carrying strap
- Maintenance kit
- Spare battery
- Operation manual English / Romanian
- Li-ion battery with charger
- Sampling swipes – 2 boxes of 50 pcs/box in custom hard case for transport and storage
- Sensing element – 1 box of 10 pcs/box
- Refference standard – 1 piece
- USB cable
HANDHELD TRACE EXPLOSIVE DETECTOR
Building on the success of the thousands of Fido explosives trace detectors fielded with U.S. Military and in U.S. Airports, the Fido X3 was designed with checkpoint and transportation security in mind. The newly redesigned Fido X3 is the lightest and most sensitive Handheld Explosives Trace Detector on the market. With its magnesium case and splash-proof seal, the Fido’s ruggedized design meets the rigorous MIL-STD 810-G specifications. The Fido X3 has an 8 hour battery, starts from cold in under 5 minutes, and clears in seconds, so you spend less time waiting and more time sampling.
Adding to the capabilities of the previously fielded Fido NXT, the Fido X3 adds broad threat detection including Ammonium Nitrate, TATP, and emerging liquid threats like Hydrogen Peroxide and Nitromethane. With FLIR’s exclusive Sensing Element technology, the detection channels can be controlled to alert on the threat materials you care most about.
The Fido X3 offers broad class threat identification to aid in targeted screening operations. The system can screen liquids, solids or vapors within seconds and without waiting to adjust system configuration or temperatures. The Fido X3 ships with an advanced swipe material to increase the likelihood of detection for particulates.
- AVIATION SECURITY
- MILITARY CHECKPOINT SCREENING
- CIVIL SUPPORT
- MASS TRANSIT SECURITY
- FIRST RESPONSE
- BOTTLED LIQUID SCREENING
- COMMERCIAL PROPERTY SCREENING
- PERSONNEL SCREENING
- HIGH VALUE TARGET SECURITY
- Description: Handheld Explosive Trace Detector
- Detection Technology:
- FLIR Sensing Element Technology
- * Fluorescence based (Multi-channel)
- * No radioactive source
- Sampling: Particulate and Vapor detection
- Start-up Time:
- Under 5 minutes from cold
- Under 10 seconds from sleep
- Display: Vivid, sunlight-readable color display (32K Colors)
- Alert Modes: Visible, Audible, and Haptic (Vibration) Alert
- Localization: Native language availability and worldwide, world-class training
- Analysis Time: 10 seconds or less with exclusive real-time detection capability
- User Levels: Operator, Administrator
- Starter Kit Options: Military, Commercial
- Power: Swappable Lithium Ion battery X 2 (up to 8 hour life per battery)
- AC Input: 100 to 240 V, 50 to 60 Hz wall adapter (supplied)
- System charges battery while running on AC power
- Auxiliary Battery adapter (supplied)
- Data Storage: 2000 hours of continuous data logging
- Weight: 1.36kg including battery
- 37L x 11.5W x 7H (cm)
- 14.5L x 4.5W x 2.75H (in)
- Broad Threat Detection- responds to military, traditional, homemade and liquid explosive threats
- Vivid-Color-Screen with selectable multiple language capability
- Class-based Identification- Can readily identify threat materials by class
- Lightweight- Under 1.4 kg
- Rugged- MIL-STD-810G tested to survive the toughest environments
- Long Lasting- User replaceable 8 hour battery
- Easy to Use- Simplified Go/No Go interface
- New Smart Algorithm- Reduced false alarms and increased screening throughput
EXPLOSIVE DETECTION IMASS™ DEVICE
Integrated Multiplex Assay and Sampling System
The explosive detection IMASS™ device provides a crucial advance in rapid explosive detection for military, police, border and other first responders.
The device is used to directly sample surfaces, solids and liquids using an integrated sponge.
A number of test strips are then run simultaneously from the sample, giving visual results for military explosives and multiple homemade explosive components in 3 minutes.
Its unique design (licensed from the UK Secretary of State for Defence) means that the IMASS™ device is straightforward to run and to read, even while wearing full protective equipment.
- Detects Military Explosives: TNT/RDX/PETN
- Detects Homemade Explosive Components: Ammonia, Nitrate and Sugar
- Results in 3 minutes
- Easy to use in full protective equipment
- No power requirement
- Can sample surfaces, solids and liquids
- The IMASS™ device contains immunoassays which specifi cally identify TNT, RDX and PETN and their derivatives. Colorimetric tests within the device give results for common homemade explosive components; ammonia, nitrate and sugar.
Part number: E-IMASS-01
Shelf life: One year at room temperature
Operating conditions: Temp. of 2 to 50ºC, humidity of 10%-95% RH
Format: Devices are packaged in boxes of 10, with buffer vials, an instruction booklet and interpretation cards.
Weight and dimensions: Each device is 3oz, 5.5” x 1.6” x 1.6”. (85g, 14cm x 4cm x 4cm). Each box of 10 devices is 2.7 lbs, 10.2” x 8.3” x 7.1” (1.22kg, 26cm x 21cm x18cm).
Test Evaluation Data:
Evaluation of tests was carried out at BBI Detection’s testing facility using liquid standards.